SOUTH BERWICK — Zach Thyng scored with 10 minutes remaining Friday to lift Thornton Academy to a 3-2 victory against Marshwood in an SMAA boys’ soccer opener.

Thornton took a 2-0 lead on goals by Chase Pierce and Alec McAlary, but Marshwood tied it when Jason Janetos scored and Nevan Collins converted a penalty kick.

Chase Gagnon recorded four saves for Marshwood. Camden Labreque stopped three shots for Thornton.

WAYNFLETE 6, ST. DOMINIC 1: Harry Millspaugh had two goals and an assist, and Askar Hussein added two goals to lead the Flyers in an opener at Auburn.

CHEVERUS 3, KENNEBUNK 2: Luc Dionne scored the winning goal with two minutes left as the Stags took an opener at Portland.

Sam Tartre opened the scoring for Kennebunk but James Shimansky answered from Jack Mullen, then assisted on a Tanner LaFlamme goal as Cheverus took a 2-1 halftime lead.

Tristan Wirth scored from Ian Zogg – his second assist of the game – to make it 2-2 with 2:10 remaining.

GORHAM 6, WESTBROOK 1: Sam Burghardt scored twice for the Rams, who opened a 3-1 halftime lead and pulled away in an opener at Westbrook.

Nolan Brown, Kyle King, Andrew Rent and Colby Christakis also scored for Gorham. Caleb Barlow answered for Westbrook.

BONNY EAGLE 7, NOBLE 2: Maccoy Freeman and Zack Allocca each scored twice as the Scots won an opener at Standish.

Freeman opened the scoring after 12 minutes, dribbling down the left side and cutting across the box before slotting the ball to the left of the goalie. Bonny Eagle extended the lead to 3-0 on the way to a 3-1 halftime advantage.

CAMDEN HILLS 3, MESSALONSKEE 0: Lucas Boetsch, Quinn Brown and Marshall Merriam scored to lift the Windjammers in an opener at Oakland.

YORK 3, GREELY 2: Alex Nickerson scored twice as York opened a 3-1 first-half lead and held on in an opener at Cumberland.

Nickerson opened the scoring after seven minutes. Zachary Westman’s unassisted goal upped the lead to 2-0.

YARMOUTH 5, GRAY-NEW GLOUCESTER 0: Five players scored for the Clippers in an opener at Yarmouth.

Tahj Garvey and Jack Jones scored to send Yarmouth into the half up 2-0.

Aidan Hickey, Luke Groothoff and Will Morton added second-half scores.