LISBON

Lisbon Police Chief Marc Hagan says a social media post reporting a student was threatened last week with a knife at the Philip W. Sugg Middle School was “not an accurate description of what happened.”

While it was initially reported that Lisbon police weren’t notified of the incident by the school, Hagan said Wednesday that in fact police were notified.

While police are still completing their investigation, he said no charges will be pursued at this time.

“The post initially put on Facebook is not an accurate description of what occurred and no students were in danger,” Hagan said.

Likewise, the school sent a letter to parents Monday assuring them the incident “elicited immediate action and appropriate disciplinary procedures,” and that the social media post “inaccurately portrayed the situation and our school’s response.”

[email protected]timesrecord.com



Comments are not available on this story.

filed under: