FREEPORT

No suspects have been identified in connection to a bomb threat at Freeport High School last week.

Freeport Police Chief Susan Nourse said Monday that the case remains under investigation.

Freeport police and a Portland police K-9 unit responded to the school on Holbrook Street after a student found a threat written on a table Nov. 20, according to a school official, which led to the evacuation of the school while bomb-sniffing dogs were used to investigate.

Regional School Unit 5 Superintendent Becky Foley said in an email last week students were evacuated from the school at 12:50 p.m. and held at the Morse Street School where they remained until the end of the school day. Classes resumed after no bomb was discovered, she said.

There are 515 students are enrolled at Freeport High School.

[email protected]timesrecord.com



Comments are not available on this story.

filed under: