DIXFIELD – Police say a man seriously burned during a kitchen fire in Dixfield has died from his injuries.

Police say 78-year-old Richard Roberts died late Monday at Maine Medical Center in Portland. The fire happened on Jan. 2 when Roberts’ clothes caught fire while he was using a propane kitchen stove at his Averill Hill Road home.

Police said last week that Roberts had burns over 45 percent of his body. The home was not significantly damaged by the fire. Roberts was taken first to a hospital in Rumford and then flown by helicopter to Portland.

filed under: