Andrew DeGeorge of Cheverus had two strikes on him in each of his first three at-bats. When the game was on the line, he decided not to wait.

DeGeorge smacked a two-run, walk-off single on a one-ball pitch with two outs in the seventh inning Saturday as the fourth-seeded Stags rallied for a 5-4 win over ninth-ranked Falmouth in a Class A South baseball semifinal.

“I was sitting in the dugout and was thinking I can’t wait to get up,” he said. “Thankfully my teammates put me in the position to (make the play).

Cheverus (13-5) has won 12 of its last 13 games, including a 10-game winning streak, after a 1-4 start. It will face second-seeded Gorham in the regional final at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at St. Joseph’s College. The teams met in the season opener, a 5-2 win for the Rams.

Trailing 4-3, Griffin Watson and Cam Dube hit back-to-back, one-out singles in the seventh for the Stags. Following a groundout – a diving knockdown by second baseman Connor Coffin that saved a run – Maxx St. John was intentionally walked to load the bases. DeGeorge’s hard-hit single up the middle scored Watson and Dube, who slid headfirst to barely beat the tag.

“DeGeorge has been hot lately. His average has been climbing the last 10 games,” Cheverus Coach Mac McKew said. “St. John is the top hitter in the league, (Falmouth) Coach (Kevin) Winship has to walk him. It’s the right move. It was up to DeGeorge to deliver and he did.”

The Yachtsmen, who beat eighth-seeded Marshwood in the prelims and top-ranked South Portland in the quarterfinals, took a 4-3 lead in the top of the seventh, scoring three runs on a Garrett Aube double, a squeeze by Coffin and a balk.

Falmouth had beaten Cheverus in their last two meetings – earlier this season and in last year’s regional final.

“We lost to a good team. I have to tip my hat to them,” Winship said. “They got hits when they needed them. They did the job they needed to do to win.”

Stags starter Jack Mullen allowed a first-inning run after plunking the first two batters and an infield single by Kiely. He was splendid for the next five innings, allowing only three hits until the seventh.

Mullen allowed four hits and one walk in six-plus innings before being replaced by Justin Ray.

“(Mullen) had a (heck) of a game,” DeGeorge said. “He really put us in the best position to win. Obviously he was a little nervous to start – it’s the playoffs, who wouldn’t? He got over it and battled out of the first inning … and shut them down the rest of the way.”

The Stags took their first lead in the fourth, also benefiting from hit batters. Ray and St. John led off by both getting hit by a pitch. After a fielder’s choice, John Welch hit a gapper to score both runs, the second on a throwing error by the center fielder when he missed the cut-off.

Welch, who had two hits and two RBI in a quarterfinal win over Deering, left the game when he was doubled off later in fourth.

Falmouth starter Griffin Aube, a right-hander who was pitching with a broken left hand, went 61/3 innings, allowing eight hits and striking out seven.