Sign In:


PORTLAND PRESS HERALD DARKROOM
Gallery: Augusta building fire started by child with matches

/

Helpful tips...

esc button

Use the LEFT / RIGHT keys to navigate the Darkroom

esc button

Use the UP key to show captions

esc button

Use the DOWN key to hide captions

esc button

Use the ESC key to close Darkroom

Find other amazing Darkroom photos below

close x
  • Hide
    Gallery: Augusta building fire started by child with matches - Staff photo by Joe Phelan | of | Share this photo

    A fire started by a 5-year-old destroyed the apartment building at 94 Mount Vernon Ave. on Monday in Augusta.

    Show
  • Hide
    Gallery: Augusta building fire started by child with matches - Staff photo by Joe Phelan | of | Share this photo

    During an interview in Augusta Super 8 motel on Tuesday, Judith Catlin wipes away a tear as she talks about the fire that destroyed her 94 Mount Vernon Ave. home in Augusta.

    Show
  • Hide
    Gallery: Augusta building fire started by child with matches - Staff photo by Joe Phelan | of | Share this photo

    A tricycle and a fire extinguisher are among the detritus in front of 94 Mount Vernon Ave. on Tuesday in Augusta. William Hippler said that he'd brought up the fire extinguisher upstairs to help a neighbor but never got to use it because fire was burning too strongly.

    Show
  • Hide
    Gallery: Augusta building fire started by child with matches - Staff photo by Joe Phelan | of | Share this photo

    Melted vinyl siding hangs off back of 94 Mount Vernon Ave. on Tuesday in Augusta.

    Show
  • Hide
    Gallery: Augusta building fire started by child with matches - Staff photo by Jessica Lowell | of | Share this photo

    Staff photo by Jessica Lowell Crews respond to a building fire at 94 Mount Vernon Ave. Monday afternoon.

    Show
  • Hide
    Gallery: Augusta building fire started by child with matches - Staff photo by Jessica Lowell | of | Share this photo

    Fire damage is seen at 94 Mount Vernon Ave. in Augusta Friday afternoon after a blaze ignited in the building.

    Show