Firefighters from Naples, Sebago and Casco responded to a fire Tuesday afternoon at a residence on Oak Hill Road in Sebago. The blaze destroyed a garage as well as a vehicle parked nearby. The main house, owned by Marc amRhein, was spared, according to officials.

While the exact cause of the fire is unknown, investigators say the fire was sparked by a faulty electrical flood light box.

“We don’t know what happened to the wiring. It could have had rodents that chewed on the cable or it could have been the rain,” said Rick Shepard, senior investigator with the State Fire Marshal’s Office who spent Wednesday morning at the scene.

While the garage and a 2002 Mercury Sable were severely damaged in the blaze, the main house was spared because of firefighters’ efforts to contain the fire. Firefighters had to haul in water to douse the flames since the camp road was too narrow for pumper trucks to navigate.

The wood-framed garage sat on a slab and measured 16 feet by 34 feet.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.