A former Vassalboro man and Winslow High School graduate was arrested Monday in Nashua, N.H., and charged with murdering a man there.

Ricky Munster, 20, now of Nashua, is charged with killing a man whose body was found at 7 a.m. Monday, according to the New Hampshire Office of the Attorney General.

“The victim’s identity is being withheld (pending) notification to family members,” according to a press release from that office.

An autopsy was to have been conducted Tuesday.

Munster is a 2008 graduate of Winslow High School and was an honor roll student there, according to Morning Sentinel accounts. He also was on the wrestling team.

A family member who asked not to be identified said Tuesday that he was very surprised to hear that Munster had been arrested.

“For murder? Oh, my God,” the relative said. “I would never expect that.”

According to the New Hampshire Union Leader, the victim’s body was found lying face-down Monday in the driveway of a law office on Auburn Street, near Nashua’s downtown.

Munster was arrested and charged with two separate counts of second-degree murder in connection with the killing.

Court records accuse Munster of killing the 51-year-old man by “striking him repeatedly with his hands, feet and a blunt instrument,” the Union Leader reported.

A man who saw the body lying in a pool of blood said the victim was not breathing and appeared to have serious facial and head trauma, according to the Union Leader report.

Munster lives just a few feet from where the body was found, the report said.

Munster on Tuesday was arraigned by live video feed from Nashua District Court from Hillsborough County Jail, where he is being held.

Waterville Deputy police Chief Charles Rumsey said on Tuesday that local police are familiar with Munster, who was arrested in February for concealing a dangerous weapon and violating conditions of release.

A Western Avenue resident had called 911 to report a man was banging on the door. Police found Munster carrying a knife with a 6-inch blade in his shirt sleeve, as well as another five folding knives in his pockets. Munster told police he went there to visit a friend, but no one who lived there knew him, police said. Munster ultimately was sentenced to serve 24 hours and pay a fine.

Three days before the Western Avenue incident, police found Munster walking down the middle of Temple Street and warned him not to do that. A half-hour later, police said he was doing the same thing on another street, where vehicles had to swerve around him.

He was intoxicated, refused to get out of the road, was pepper-sprayed and police had to tackle him to arrest him, police said.

At the time, Munster was carrying in his pocket a glass pipe with marijuana residue, as well as a folding knife with the blade open, police said.

He was arrested on charges of obstructing a public way and refusing to submit to arrest; he also was summonsed and charged with sale and use of drug paraphernalia. He was sentenced to serve 24 hours and pay a fine.

Munster is scheduled to appear at a probable cause hearing on the murder charges June 10 in Nashua District Court.

Amy Calder — 861-9247

[email protected]