BRUNSWICK – What looked like a tight matchup between unbeaten Eastern Class A girls’ soccer teams turned out to be anything but, as Ashley Robinson and Grace MacLean each scored two goals to lead Bangor to a 5-1 victory over Brunswick on Saturday.

After an early Brunswick threat ended with Paige Tetu shooting high, Mac- Lean put Bangor (8-0) on the board 2:27 into the game. Robinson fed MacLean on a breakaway as goalie Lauren Thacker came out to challenge. Mac-Lean briefly lost control as she broke to the left, but Thacker collided with a defender, and when MacLean chased down the ball, she had an empty net.

“We played really well,” said Mac-Lean. “We had good passes to the feet, we possessed the ball well and we finished. And the defense did a great job.”

Thacker came up with a diving grab of another Robinson-to-MacLean bid and a terrific save off Robinson as the Rams were winning most of the battles, but Brunswick (7-1) nearly scored with six minutes left in the half when Dakota Foster just missed getting her head on a pass from Anna Cowan at the crease.

Bangor took charge with three goals in a 10-minute span of the second half.

A breakup and feed from Jade Baumrind sent MacLean in on the left, and she kicked a 10-footer past the diving Thacker into the far corner at 13:52.

Jordan Seekins bodied a MacLean corner kick into the right corner to make it 3-0, and Robinson outfought a defender for a corner kick and grounded it into the left side at 23:11.

“We knew they were tough, so we wanted to get off to a very fast start,” said Robinson. “We came out ready to play and we had really good teamwork. This was definitely our best game.”

Robinson beat a pair of defenders at the 18 and grounded a shot past Thacker for Bangor’s final goal with eight minutes remaining. Cowan averted the shutout with an unassisted goal with six seconds remaining.

“We’ve worked a lot of years to get ourselves ready to play a game like that against this team,” said Bangor Coach Joe Johnson. “We’ve been on the other end a bunch of times on this field. I’ve been with the varsity for four years, and the freshmen on that first team are now seniors and I’m very happy for them.”

“I think they were a little more determined and we didn’t match their physical intensity,” said Dragons Coach Martyn Davison. “We had some chances but missed the net, but they are an outstanding team and played well.

“This was a bit of a wake-up call, but we’ll regroup.”