CUMBERLAND – Julia Mitiguy scored six goals and Audrey Parolin had five as fourth-seeded Greely held off No. 5 York 12-10 in a Western Class B girls’ lacrosse quarterfinal Wednesday.

The teams traded goals much of the way, but when Ruby Cribby scored after just over a minute, that was York’s only lead.

Mitiguy scored off a free possession 19 seconds later, and after Parolin and Tori Stocks of York traded goals, Mitiguy gave the Rangers (7-6) the lead for good off another free possession.

Mitiguy and Parolin scored similar goals, both coming out from behind the left side of the net to make it 5-2 before Alexa Bando bounced a shot off the right post and in for York (5-8).

Cribby came out from behind the net to make it a one-goal game, but Cameron Keefe scored off a cut and reverse, and Mitiguy went all the way after a draw to put the Rangers up 7-4.

“We needed to win more draws,” said York Coach Jodie Lawlor. “Of the first six draws, we won one, and their initial fast-break goals killed us. After that we had to play catch-up.”

Shelby Spencer and Courtney Cole answered to again pull the Wildcats within one, but Paige Tuller scored a key goal on a scoop shot after a scramble in front with 3.4 seconds left to make it 8-6 at halftime.

Mitiguy scored the first two goals of the second half to give the Rangers their largest lead at 10-6 with 15 minutes left, but York came back with goals by Renee Dervishian and Cole.

The Wildcats continued to press, but Greely goalie Mary Morrison came up with a pair of nifty saves off Taylor Simpson and Cribby, the second leading to a length-of-the-field run and goal by Parolin to make it 11-8.

“We had high energy,” said Morrison, “and our communication was good. I just told myself to keep an eye on the ball, and when I came out of the crease for the save (on Cribby), I think that fired up the team.”

A free possession goal by Keefe upped the lead again to four goals, but Bando and Stocks scored off low shots for York.

“It’s never over,” said Mitiguy. “We have to play the whole game.”

Morrison kept the final margin at 12-10 with fine saves off Cole, Simpson and Spencer.

“It took us a few years to get here,” said the senior Parolin, “but this is an amazing group of girls, and it’s so great to share this experience with them.”

“This was our first playoff win in a while,” said Greely Coach Sara Dimick. “We knew it would be a nail-biter, but we had a long warm-up, and the girls were able to stay in the moment.”