LOS ANGELES — Lindsay Lohan will not be prosecuted for a burglary at a home where she had been a houseguest, prosecutors determined Tuesday.

The decision came after Los Angeles police detectives presented a potential felony burglary case against the actress and two men who were reportedly at the Hollywood Hills home of a longtime acquaintance after several items went missing earlier this month.

Prosecutors cited lack of evidence to prove Lohan was involved in the thefts. The items taken were described as keys, cash, sunglasses and a credit card holder. The homeowner, who is an acquaintance of Lohan, later told authorities that he did not want to pursue a case over the items.

“Lindsay is glad this matter has been cleared up so she can focus on her upcoming projects,” her spokesman Steve Honig said in a statement Tuesday afternoon.

One of the men suspected of the thefts told police that he, Lohan and another man went into the home early Aug. 18 and some items were taken, but he refused to say who stole them.

“We do not have sufficient evidence to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt,” a prosecutor wrote in a memo rejecting charges. The document also noted that none of the missing items was found in the possession of Lohan or the two men who were believed to be at the house on the day of the burglary.

Los Angeles police say their investigation will continue.

Lohan remains on probation for a 2011 case in which she pleaded no contest to taking a $2,500 necklace without permission. After completing a strict counseling and morgue cleanup duty program, Lohan no longer has to report to a judge, but she faces jail time if she is charged with another crime.

In recent months she has resumed acting, portraying Elizabeth Taylor in a Lifetime movie about the actress’ love affair with Richard Burton.

She also recently filmed “The Canyons,” a film by “Less Than Zero” author Bret Easton Ellis. That film has Lohan playing opposite James Deen, who is best known as an adult film star.

Katie Couric to host victim of rare disease

NEW YORK — Katie Couric says a guest on her upcoming talk show will be Aimee Copeland, the Georgia woman who survived a rare flesh-eating disease.

Copeland, a 24-year-old grad student, will be interviewed on Couric’s new show, “Katie,” airing Sept. 11. The show announced Tuesday that with the help of her prosthetics, Copeland will walk onto the stage.

Copeland contracted the rare infection in May after falling from a zip line and gashing her leg. Doctors had to amputate both hands, her left leg and right foot. She returned home last week after three months in the hospital and a rehabilitation clinic.

Rover on Mars beams back Will.i.am tune

PASADENA, Calif. — Will.i.am has premiered his new single – from Mars.

The NASA rover Curiosity beamed to Earth his new song “Reach for the Stars” on Tuesday in the first music broadcast from another planet, to the delight of students gathered at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

The song had been uploaded to the rover, which landed on Mars, and played it back over 700 million miles.

The musician, who promotes science and mathematics education, was among more than a dozen celebrities invited to JPL to watch Curiosity’s landing earlier this month. Others included Wil Wheaton, Seth Green and Morgan Freeman.

In 2008, NASA beamed the Beatles’ “Across the Universe” into the cosmos to mark the song’s 40th anniversary.