Freeport firefighters finish a secondary search at 3 Woodside Lane Saturday morning after first rescuing a man whose wife found him unconscious on the second floor of their home from an apparent carbon monoxide leak. Deputy Fire Chief Paul Conley said the man was transported to Maine Medical Center in Portland and was in satisfactory condition Monday afternoon, according to hospital officials. Although the man was saved, the family’s dog was transported to a Freeport veterinary clinic, and later died.

filed under: