STANDISH — No, Jon Woods did not sell hot dogs. Nor did he perform with the Bonny Eagle High band at halftime.

But he did just about everything else.

Woods, a senior running back, scored touchdowns the first two times he touched the ball, rushed for 100 yards, intercepted a pass and blocked a punt that led to another touchdown Friday night as top-ranked Bonny Eagle stifled No. 4 Scarborough 27-0 in a Western Class A football semifinal.

And then he shrugged off his effort as if it was nothing special.

“We knew they were a good team,’’ he said. “We knew we had to work hard and had to step up, and that’s what we did.’’

The Scots (8-1) will be home for the regional final next weekend against Thornton Academy or Sanford, who meet Saturday.

While Woods, who transferred to Bonny Eagle from Gorham this year, sparked the offense, the defense shut down one of the strongest offenses in the class.

Bonny Eagle held the Red Storm (6-4) to 170 yards. In the regular-season meeting between the teams, Scarborough put up 26 points and 343 yards in an eight-point loss to the Scots.

“The first game here, we realized we weren’t good enough on defense,’’ said Scots Coach Kevin Cooper. “We had to go to work and get better on defense if we were going to win a championship. And our kids have done that. I’m unbelievably proud of them to come out and play the way they did.’’

Scarborough Coach Lance Johnson noted that the Scots moved defensive tackle Isaiah Reynolds (6-foot, 305 pounds) over his biggest offensive lineman, Mike Pino (6-3, 280) and that clogged a lot of the running lanes.

“They played a lot different then the first time we came out here,’’ said Johnson.

“They set the edge a little better on us outside and had Isaiah playing on top of Mike Pino, and it was pretty tough going for us out there. They played great. They were well prepared. They were hungry and came out very physical.’’

Ben Greenberg, Scarborough’s talented quarterback, completed just 4 of 20 passes and had two intercepted.

“I mean, that’s our defense,’’ said Woods. “We’ve been working hard on D; that’s all we worked on all week.’’

Bonny Eagle stopped Scarborough on a fourth-down play four times, once at the Scots’ 25 (after a huge 6-yard sack by Brian Rollins) and later at the 1 in the fourth quarter when Woods and Robie Martin combined for a 1-yard loss to preserve the shutdown.

“We weren’t going to give up the shutout,’’ said defensive back Joey Bissonnette, who had an interception and scored on an 8-yard run. “We worked too hard for it.’’

And then there was Woods.

“Jon’s a great player and we’re lucky to have him,’’ said Cooper. “He’s really energized our team this year. He’s very versatile and can do a lot of different things. He was definitely ready to go tonight.’’

That was pretty obvious. Woods returned the opening kickoff 42 yards, then took a pitch around left end on the first play for a 46-yard touchdown. Following Reynolds’ PAT kick, the Scots led 7-0 just 17 seconds in.

Woods then scored on a 3-yard run with 5:04 left in the first quarter to cap a 64-yard drive. Matt Smith had a 41-yard run on the drive and Woods caught a 19-yard pass on third-and-9 on the play before the touchdown.

Mike Lowe can be reached at 791-6422 or at: [email protected]

Twitter: MikeLowePPH