A cigarette tossed outside near the front door of this home in Standish touched off a fire that destroyed the house Friday.

Fire Chief Brent Libby, seen talking with homeowner Denise Dyer, said the fire at 1055 Chadbourne Road – Route 35 – was reported by a passerby shortly after 3 p.m.

When firefighters arrived, the fire had spread through the house and out the roof, Libby said. No one was injured in the blaze.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.