YORK — A fire that broke out in a York Village home late Sunday night was quickly extinguished by firefighters.

The York Fire Department said everyone in the 1.5-story home at 9 River Meadow Lane got out safely.

The fire, which was reported around 10:30 p.m., had been knocked down and controlled by 11:15 p.m. It is believed to have started in the chimney area.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.