A fire Wednesday morning destroyed a garage at 387 South St. in Biddeford and one person was injured by a hose that came loose from one of the responding fire trucks.

The fire started at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. When firefighters arrived, the garage was burning as was the front of a car parked in the driveway, and the fire was spreading to a breezeway connecting the garage to the ranch-style house, said Deputy Fire Chief Scott Gagne.

Firefighters initially knocked down the fire with a high-volume deck gun from one of the engines, then attacked the interior of the fire to put it out and keep it from spreading to the house, he said.

The single resident home at the time was not injured, he said.

The fire was under control by about 11 a.m. Firefighters had to remove portions of the collapsed garage roof to get to where the fire started and to determine the fire’s cause, Gagne said.

One injury happened when a hand line stored on a Goodwins Mills fire truck came loose while the truck was headed to the fire from Lyman. Part of the hose struck a pedestrian and a vehicle, said Goodwins Mills Fire Chief Roger Hooper. Hooper said he did not want to release information about the incident because of an internal review his department is conducting, and referred questions to the Biddeford Police Department.

The injured pedestrian was taken to Southern Maine Health Care in Biddeford by Scarborough rescue workers.