A home in Bridgton was rendered a total loss by a fire that started in the chimney Sunday morning and spread to the attic before firefighters could get it under control.

The cold weather caused hoses to freeze, making the fire particularly difficult to knock down, said Bridgton Deputy Fire Chief Paul Field.

He said a couple who lived at the home at 261 Kansas Road got out unharmed.

He said they have a mobile home on their property and plan to move into it.

The fire was reported at 5:17 a.m.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.