Local fire departments responded to a reported kitchen fire in a home at 591 Langdon Road at around 1 p.m. Monday.

Richmond Fire Chief Matt Roberge said a small stove fire caught cabinets on fire above the stove. Crews quickly extinguished the fire, which was contained to the kitchen. 

No one was injured but the house, owned by Melissa Libby, will need some work before it can be lived in. Roberge said the Red Cross and friends are helping her.

Bowdoinham, Litchfield and Gardiner fire departments aided Richmond Fire Department.

A member of the Red Cross Disaster Action Response Team. The team makes sure individuals have a safe place to sleep tonight, food and other essentials after they are displaced by a fire.

“Over the next several days, the Red Cross will stay in contact with the family to provide financial assistance and community referrals, as they begin their road to recovery,” a press release states.

The Red Cross provides food, clothing, shelter and emotional support for those affected by home fires and other disasters. Individuals wishing to support Red Cross Disaster Services can call (800) RED-CROSS or visit

Comments are not available on this story.

filed under: