This photo shows the interior of the old St. Hyacinth Church.

Located on Brown Street diagonally across from the present church, this building was dedicated on August 22, 1879.

The last Mass & Vespers were celebrated in this church on October 19, 1942.

On October 25, 1942, the first Mass was celebrated in the present St. Hyacinth Church.

The old church was demolished several years later.

(Mike Sanphy Collection)


Facebook comments

filed under: