The photo on the left shows the old Boston & Maine Railroad station that was located in the present day municipal parking lot facing William Clarke Drive, originally known as Wayside Drive.

William Clarke Drive was built over the location of the railroad tracks that once branched off the tracks in Cumberland Mills and ran from Westbrook to Rochester, N.H.

This building was located between present day Fitch Street and Central Street that once crossed the old railroad tracks to connect to Main Street.

The old station was closed in 1916 and later demolished.

Photos courtesy of Mike Sanphy


Facebook comments