SALT LAKE CITY – A Utah movie theater that serves liquor has been fined more than $1,600 for showing “The Hangover Part II.”

The fine issued by the state liquor board Thursday is the first for Brewvies, which allows only people 21 years and older to attend their movies and serves food and liquor to patrons.

But under state law, many PG-13 and R-rated movies could net the theater a fine because of prohibitions on showing a film with sex acts, full-frontal nudity or even the “caressing” of breasts or buttocks.

The fine for the first offense was $1,627, but repeat offenders may be fined up to $25,000 and lose their liquor license for up to 10 days.

The law is generally used to regulate strip clubs, which aren’t permitted to have nude dancers — g-strings and pasties are required to be worn — if they serve liquor. The law is applied only to businesses with liquor licenses, so it wouldn’t apply to alcohol-free theaters.

Utah Highway Patrol officers issued the citation against Brewvies in early September after a complaint was filed with the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.

The movie was in violation because of multiple scenes, patrol spokesman Dwayne Baird said. “Hangover II” includes full-frontal nudity from male, female and cross-dressing characters and also has a scene showing a monkey simulating a sex act on a monk.

Brewvies manager Andy Murphy told The Salt Lake Tribune that they have always complied with the state’s liquor laws, and “don’t want to shake up anything.”

Coroner: Actor died accidentally

LOS ANGELES – An autopsy has ruled that “Taxi” and “Grease” star actor Jeff Conaway’s May 27 death was accidental and caused by major internal infection.

Los Angeles County coroner Craig Harvey said coroners did not conduct a toxicology test because Conaway had been hospitalized for weeks before he died at age 60, so his blood would have come back clean.

But when Conaway entered the hospital May 10, opiates and other drugs were in his system, Harvey said.

Harry Potter e-book store delays launch to 2012

LONDON – Harry Potter fans will have to wait a bit longer to buy the magic tales in electronic form. The creators of the online Potter portal said Friday that the launch of an e-book store has been put off to 2012.

The seven Harry Potter books had been due to go on sale in October, exclusively through the “Pottermore” website.

The site is a combination of virtual encyclopedia, role-playing game and online community for fans of author J.K. Rowling’s boy wizard.

It launched in July and is so far accessible to 1 million registered users chosen via an online contest. In a blog post, “Pottermore” management said registration would be open to all from Oct. 31 on and the online store would open in “the first half of 2012.”

Gotti’s blessing sought?

NEW YORK – A lawyer for John Gotti’s son is denying that John Travolta met with the mob boss’ widow to seek her blessing for his upcoming movie role as the Mafia kingpin.

The New York Post reported that Travolta went to the family’s New York City home Sept. 22 to meet with widow Victoria Gotti and son John “Junior” Gotti.

But Junior Gotti’s lawyer, Charles Carnesi, told The Associated Press that Victoria wasn’t home when the actor visited.

The Post stands by its story, a spokeswoman said Friday. A Travolta spokesman said he has no comment.