Fire destroyed a home at 14 Hawthorne Road in Naples om Thursday.

The accidental fire, ignited by something left on the stove, was burning through the roof of the single-story home when the first fire company arrived at 9:45 a.m., said Fire Chief Chris Pond.

Firefighters from Sebago, Baldwin, Casco and Harrison helped fight the fire, which was brought under control in an hour. Firefighters remained on scene for about four hours making sure it was out, Pond said.

Nobody was home at the time of the fire and nobody was injured fighting it, he said.