DURHAM, N.H. — The University of New Hampshire says three students were hurt and a residence hall was evacuated because of a burst hot water pipe.

Spokeswoman Erika Mantz says hot water flooded the first floor of Hunter Hall, forcing the building’s evacuation at 2:30 p.m. Saturday.

She says three female students suffered what are believed to be third-degree burns on their feet and were transported to a hospital for evaluation.

The residence hall is home to about 115 students. It was being pumped out Saturday afternoon and it was unclear when students would be allowed to return.