PHIPPSBURG — A fire that broke out in a Small Point summer cottage late Tuesday night was quickly brought under control by local firefighters.

Fire Chief James Totman said the fire, which destroyed an interior wall, was caused by an electrical malfunction.

Totman said the fire, which was reported at 8:30 p.m., was under control by 10 p.m. No injuries were reported.

The home, which was occupied when the fire started, is located on Shore Road near Head Beach.

The cottage sustained some water and smoke damage but should be liveable, Totman said.