Thursday, April 17, 2014
• Timothy Winchester joined People’s United Bank as a divisional human resources manager.
Winchester will serve as a strategic human resources partner to the retail and business banking leadership teams throughout Maine and New Hampshire. He is a member of the Society for Human Resource Management.
Richard Casselman was hired at People’s United Bank as senior vice president, senior portfolio manager in wealth management.
Most recently, he was vice president and portfolio manager at HeadInvest in Portland.
• Rebeccah Schaffner and Robert Gerber were named to the board of directors for the Casco Bay Estuary Partnership.
Schaffner is the director of land use planning at the Greater Portland Council of Governments.
Gerber is a senior engineer and geologist at Ransom Environmental Consultants, Inc., who specializes in groundwater modeling, wave and estuarine circulation modeling.
• Broadreach Public Relations recently received six Golden Arrow Awards, as well as the 2013 President’s Award and the 2013 Rising Star Achievement Award from the Maine Public Relations Council.
Kelsey Goldsmith won the Rising Star Award, which recognizes an up-and-coming public relations professional who has demonstrated outstanding work in the profession.
Broadreach President Linda Varrell was presented with the President’s Award. The award recognizes excellence and leadership in the field of public relations.
Broadreach took home six additional awards for exemplary work:
Special events: Gold Award for the Lana Wescott Events and A Divine Time! Portland Kitchen Tour visibility.
Media relations: Gold Award for Bernstein Shur data security visibility.
Media relations: Gold Award for Maine Real Estate & Development Association’s 2012 Forecast Conference.
Citizenship: Gold Award for The Maine Fraud Prevention Alliance – DASH Fraud.org – messaging, in partnership with Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution.
Communications campaign: Silver Award for the Maine Center for Creativity’s Maine Creative Industries Award Gala.
Informational/technical writing: Silver Award for an opinion editorial on how to prepare for a company crisis, by Linda Varrell of Broadreach Public Relations.
• Pam Bolduc, general manager of the Olive Garden in South Portland, was presented with the company’s Renaissance Award.
Bolduc started her career with Olive Garden 17 years ago as a server. Now she leads a team of 125 employees.
She was one of 20 general managers selected to receive this award from more than 800 nationwide.
• Lanie Abbott, of the Maine Public Relations Council, recently earned her professional public relations accreditation.
Abbott is now one of only approximately 40 accredited PR professionals in Maine.
click image to enlarge