Monday, March 10, 2014
• Caleb Gannon joined the law firm Lipman & Katz.
He will assist the firm’s senior partners in multifaceted litigation, encompassing a range of topics including personal injury, family law and land use.
• Kaleigh Deering was hired as assistant vice president and branch manager of Norway Savings Bank, 1200 Congress St. in Portland.
Deering comes to Norway Savings with more than eight years of mortgage lending experience and seven years of credit union management in York County.
• Lesley Lichko, Donavan Outten and Alecia Sudmeyer were hired at Unity College.
Lichko was named a major gifts professional at the college.
She recently served as development officer at Thomas College. She also served in development roles at the University of Delaware, Bates College and the Haystack Mountain School of Crafts.
Outten was hired as director of distance education at Unity. Outten was previously an associate vice president of academic extension at Upper Iowa University.
Sudmeyer was named webmaster at Unity College. Sudmeyer has over 15 years of Web managerial experience as owner and general manager of her own digital agency.
• Deb Donnelly was hired at Broadreach Family and Community Services’ Youthlinks Program as a program assistant.
Donnelly will support smooth operations of all Youthlinks after-school and summer programs, as well as those programs offered by the Rockland After School Alliance.
• Mischelle Adams was hired as an account officer for the Wealth Management Trust Group at Bangor Savings Bank.
Adams comes to Bangor Savings after working for 20 years with Bar Harbor Trust Services. She is co-owner of a family business and is involved in the community.
• The following attorneys at the law firm of Jensen Baird Gardner & Henry were named 2014 Lawyer of the Year for Portland.
Natalie Burns, land use and zoning; Lawrence Clough, real estate law; William Dale, litigation – land use and zoning; and Deborah Mann, real estate litigation.
The following attorneys at the law firm of Jensen Baird Gardner & Henry were named in 2013 New England Super Lawyers for Portland:
Kenneth Cole III, real estate; William Dale, government, cities and municipalities; Ronald Epstein, real estate; Joseph Groff III, business litigation; R. Lee Ivy, estate planning and probate and probate litigation; Nicholas Morrill, New England Rising Stars 2013 for real estate and business/corporate; Michael Nelson, business litigation; and Brendan Rielly, business litigation.
• Topsham-based law firm McTeague Higbee was selected by Best Lawyers in America as one of the Best Law Firms in the Portland area. The firm received a tier one rating in employment law for individuals, personal injury litigation for plaintiffs, and workers’ compensation law for claimants.
In addition to the inclusion in the 2014 Best Law Firms, four attorneys from McTeague Higbee were also recognized in the 2014 edition of Best Lawyers in America.
G. William Higbee was named Southern Maine Lawyer of the Year in the specialty of workers’ compensation – claimants. Karen Bilodeau and Jeffrey Cohen were selected for their work in workers’ compensation – claimants. Jeffrey Neil Young was recognized for his work in employment law – plaintiffs.
The Environmental & Energy Technology Council of Maine, E2Tech, elected three new people to its board of directors.
Claudette Townsend has been a Dead River Co. employee for 21 years. Tim Soley established and owns East Brown Cow Management. Gary Higginbottom is an economic and market development consultant and the executive director of the Hydrogen Energy Center of Portland.
E2Tech members also approved extension of the terms of five current board members: Brad Weller, managing director – Macpage LLC; Elizabeth Swain, director of strategic communications, POWER Engineers; William Ferdinand Jr., shareholder, Eaton Peabody; Brooke Barnes, senior associate environmental services, Stantec; and Patrick Coughlin, principal, St. Germain Collins.