January 9, 2013

Bridgton motel damaged in Wednesday night fire

By Dennis Hoey dhoey@pressherald.com
Staff Writer

BRIDGTON — Bridgton fire officials said careless handling of a wood stove caused a fire at the First and Last Resort Motel on Route 302 Wednesday night.

District Fire Chief Todd Perrault said the woodstove was located in an apartment where the motel owner’s son was living.

Though firefighters were able to prevent the fire from spreading to the motel units, the fire caused quite a bit of damage to the apartment, Perrault said.

Perrault said firefighters from six towns responded. The fire, which was reported at 5:17 p.m, was knocked down within 30 minutes.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at PressHerald.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)