September 21, 2013

Fire erupts in kitchen of Kittery home

The Associated Press

KITTERY — Authorities say a man was taken to the hospital for possible smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in the kitchen of a home in Kittery.

The Kittery fire chief says the fire on Friday evening was started by someone cooking food.

WMTW-TV reported the owner of the home was part way out of the first-floor window when firefighters arrived.

The fire was extinguished about 20 minutes after it was reported.

The fire chief says the home has extensive damage in the kitchen and another first floor room and smoke damage throughout the home.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at PressHerald.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)