Tuesday, March 11, 2014
By Ann S. Kim email@example.com
(Continued from page 1)
Several satellite trucks were stationed on Route 1 in Kennebunk on Tuesday, across the street from a former Zumba studio implicated in a prostitution scandal.
Carl D. Walsh/Staff Photographer
On Tuesday, Schwartz said his clients, identified in court documents only as John Does 1 and 2, did not oppose the release of addresses, since the names had been released. Schwartz said his clients did not want others to be subjected to speculation.
"They're ready to move forward and they don't think it's fair to other people who may have similar names as others who are being charged," he said during the telephone conference.
Kennebunk Town Attorney William Dale said earlier that the town agreed it would be appropriate to release the addresses.
"It's come to our attention, even on this first list of 21, that there's one or more false positives," Dale said. "So we think, in fairness, ages and addresses should be released to minimize, if not eliminate, the false positives."
Kennebunk police Lt. Anthony Bean Burpee said he had been inundated with calls from people with names similar to those on the list released Monday. Police re-released the list Tuesday morning with the addition of middle initials.
"It was just to clarify ... and to give some relief to those people who are livid that they're being contacted by the media," said Bean Burpee.
Wright, 29, has pleaded not guilty to 106 charges in the case. Most of the charges are misdemeanors, but three are felony charges, related to taxes and receiving public assistance when ineligible.
Strong, 57, a businessman from Thomaston, has pleaded not guilty to 59 misdemeanors. He has been charged with violation of privacy, promotion of prostitution and conspiracy to commit those crimes.
Staff Writer Ann S. Kim can be contacted at 791-6383 or at: