Friday, December 6, 2013
The Associated Press
(Continued from page 1)
LSU wide receiver James Wright pulls in a 48-yard pass reception while sandwiched by Mississippi defensive backs Cody Prewitt (25) and Charles Sawyer (3) during the Tigers’ 41-35 victory in Baton Rouge, La., Saturday.
The Associated Press
(10) FSU 41, MARYLAND 14: Running back Devonta Freeman ran for 148 yards and two touchdowns, Florida State University's top-ranked defense lived up to its billing and the Seminoles (10-1, 7-1) captured the Atlantic Division crown. The Terrapins (4-7, 2-5) have dropped five straight, the last three by a collective 119-37 score.
(11) CLEMSON 62, N.C. STATE 48: Tajh Boyd threw for five touchdowns and ran for three more scores to lead the host Tigers (10-1, 7-1 ACC) to a record-shattering 62-48 win over the Wolfpack (6-5, 3-4). The Tigers won a share of the ACC's Atlantic Division title, but the loss to Florida State keeps them out of the title game.
(12) SOUTH CAROLINA 24, WOFFORD 7: Running back Kenny Miles made his final home game one to remember, gaining a career high 127 yards and a touchdown as the Gamecocks (9-2) won their 11 straight home game and their 64th for Coach Steve Spurrier, tying him with Rex Enright for the school record. The Terriers finished their regular season at 8-3.
(13) OKLAHOMA 50, WEST VIRGINIA 49: Landry Jones threw six touchdown passes, including a 5-yarder to Kenny Stills with 24 seconds left, to lift the Sooners (8-2, 6-1 Big 12) to a wild win. His 554 passing yards broke his own school record. And he needed a terrific game to offset West Virginia's (5-5, 2-5) tandem of Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey.
(16) NEBRASKA 38, MINNESOTA 14: Taylor Martinez threw for 308 yards and two touchdowns to Kenny Bell while becoming the Cornhuskers (9-1, 6-1) all-time passing leader. Nebraska can clinch the Legends Division title -- and a berth in the conference championship game against Wisconsin on Dec. 1 -- with a win at Iowa on Friday or a Michigan loss at Ohio State Saturday.
(17) UCLA 38, (21) USC 28: Brett Hundley passed for 234 yards and a touchdown and rushed for two more scores as the Bruins (9-2, 6-2) clinched the Pac-12 South title and snapped a five-game losing streak in their crosstown rivalry with the Trojans (7-4, 5-4).
UTAH STATE 48, (19) LA. TECH 41: Kerwynn Williams scored on a 4-yard touchdown run to give the Aggies (9-2, 5-0) a lead in overtime and they stopped Louisiana Tech on four plays to clinch at least a share of the Western Athletic Conference championship.
(22) RUTGERS 10, CINCINNATI 3: Reserve running back Savon Huggins had a career-high 179 yards and the visiting Scarlet Knights' (9-1, 5-0) defense had another shut-down performance that kept Rutgers in control of the title race while eliminating the Bearcats (7-3, 3-2).
(23) MICHIGAN 42, IOWA 17: Running back Fitzgerald Toussaint was sent to a hospital for surgery soon after sustaining a serious leg injury that marred the Wolverines lopsided win. Michigan will likely start Thomas Rawls next week against Ohio State.
OKLAHOMA STATE 59, (23) TEXAS TECH 21: Isaiah Anderson had a career-best 174 yards receiving and caught three long touchdown passes from Clint Chelf in his final home game, leading the Cowboys (7-3, 5-2 Big 12) past the Red Raiders (7-4, 4-4).
(25) KENT STATE 31, BOWLING GREEN 24: Luke Wollet's interception of Matt Schilz' heave into the end zone with 21 seconds left sealed the victory for the Golden Flashes (10-1, 7-0 MAC).