DEER ISLE — A Maine teenager rescued her three younger brothers from a fire that destroyed their home in Deer Isle Village.

Firefighters say the fire started in a bedroom at the back of the house Monday afternoon at hte home of Cheryl and Chip Cochrane.

Firefighters told the Bangor Daily News the girl scooped up the boys, got them out, and called 911. No one was injured.

The fire was still under investigation. Firefighters said it appeared a power spike might have blown out a television set and set a small cardboard house on fire.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.