GRAND ISLE  — A Maine fire chief says a fire that destroyed four buildings in the town of Grand Isle started when a light fell onto a hot soldering iron.

Seventy-two firefighters from eight Aroostook County fire departments battled the Sunday fire that destroyed a three-story building, two garages and a vacant house.

There were no injuries.

Fire Chief Gary Campbell says that when the light fell onto the soldering iron the fire spread through the garage of property owner Mike True and his three-story house that included an antique shop on the first floor and his living quarters on the second floor.

The fire spread to a neighboring homeowner’s garage and a vacant building.

Campbell tells the Bangor Daily News True and his neighbor were insured.