FALMOUTH – Forgive the Greely boys’ hockey team for its muted reaction to a 4-2 victory over Camden Hills in a Western Class B game Thursday night at Family Ice Center.

Yes, the Rangers remained unbeaten at 4-0-1 and held a 43-14 edge in shots over the Windjammers (2-2). Yes, the Rangers’ fourth line stepped up and contributed two goals. And yes, sophomore forward Pete Hurley filled in for stellar freshman goalie Kyle Kramlich (sore knee) and made 12 saves, including some gems while killing a late power play.

But standards are pretty high for the Rangers. They came into the game with a Class B-leading 6.75 goals per game, with Kramlich giving up just 1.5 per game. So even with Kramlich out of the lineup, Greely had high hopes for Thursday.

After all, the Rangers enjoyed a very competitive holiday tournament last week, skating off with a pair of shootout victories and a shootout loss. They also had a very strong showing in the Dudley Cup, capped by a 3-3 tie with Falmouth.

Then came the Camden Hills game.

“I don’t feel like we played the game shift-to-shift, the way we’re capable,” Greely Coach Barry Mothes said. “We had some OK stretches, but I don’t think we had the same kind of focus the way we have the last week and a half. Tonight felt like a bit of a step sideways.”

Jack Orne led the Windjammers with a goal and an assist, and goaltender Aaron Daniello was outstanding at times, making 37 saves.

Greely was held scoreless in the first period of a regular-season game for the first time this year. The Rangers broke through at 3:58 of the second, when Griffen Demick gave Greely a 1-0 lead from Jordan Tarbox and John Wright. Reid Howland made it 2-0 four minutes later, finishing off a pass from Ted Hart. Ben Hackett also assisted.

“They pass the puck well and are extremely disciplined,” said Camden Hills Coach Karl Enroth. “They definitely had an edge in play but we had a chance there. In the second period they broke it open a little. We got that goal but they made it 4-1 and against that team, that’s tough to come back.”

Camden Hills cut the lead to 2-1 when Orne scored unassisted at 11:57 of the second.

The Rangers created some daylight when Kenny Richards got free alone in front and snapped in a pass from Mitchel Donovan at 5:20 of the third for a 3-1 lead. Pete Stauber set up the play.

Tarbox scored on the power play at 9:46 for a 4-1 lead.

Defenseman Kyle Megathlin and Demick assisted.

“If there’s one thing I’m pleased about, it’s our (fourth line) was one of our better lines,” Mothes said. “We wouldn’t have won the game if they didn’t generate those goals.”

Jordan Tyler answered for Camden Hills, finishing off passes from James Zanca and Orne to cut it to 4-2. A late power play gave Camden Hills hope but Greely held on.

“We just didn’t play our best game, didn’t try as hard as we should have and we (got what we deserved),” said Tarbox. “Hopefully on Monday against York, we’ll pick it up.”