PORTLAND – Oswaldo Arcia hit a run-scoring, two-out triple in the eighth inning to lead the New Britain Rock Cats to a 4-2 victory over the Portland Sea Dogs in the second game of a doubleheader Saturday night at Hadlock Field.

The Sea Dogs (59-66) began the doubleheader with a 9-2 win over the Rock Cats (68-58) in the resumption of Friday’s suspended game, which was scoreless midway through the fourth inning when rain forced the postponement.

The Game 2 loss, in a game scheduled for seven innings, ended the Sea Dogs’ home winning streak at eight games.

Shawn Roof led off the deciding inning with a single off Portland reliever Michael Olmsted (1-1). Two outs later, Arcia drilled a ball deep to right to drive home the go-ahead run. Chris Colabello added a run-scoring double.

The Sea Dogs tied it in the seventh. Xander Bogaerts hit a one-out double and Peter Hissey followed with a ground-rule double down the third-base line.

With the winning run in scoring position, New Britain starter Steve Hirschfeld (8-7), who allowed two runs on six hits, induced a fly ball and recorded a strikeout.

“I thought our guys battled back, which was pretty impressive because Hirschfeld was so good tonight,” said Portland Manager Kevin Boles. “We were able to chip away and push a run across there, but their pitchers really did a nice job.”

Bogaerts gave the Dogs a 1-0 lead when he sent the first pitch he faced in the second inning over the left-field wall. The home run was Bogaerts’ third in only eight games since being promoted from Class A Salem.

Portland starter Mike MacDonald (1-3) retired the first nine batters and finished with seven strikeouts in six innings.

“Our pitchers threw unbelievably well,” said Hissey. “We gave ourselves opportunities and the pitchers kept us in the game. That’s been the way it’s been for the past month. It’s been a pretty incredible ride and we just want to keep it going until the end.”

MacDonald’s only difficulties came in the fourth, when New Britain opened the inning with four consecutive singles to take a 2-1 advantage.

Boston Red Sox reliever Rich Hill, continuing his 30-day rehab assignment, pitched the fifth inning of the suspended game. He allowed one hit and struck out one.

The Rock Cats opened the scoring in the sixth off Ryan Pressly (2-2) when Aaron Hicks tripled and scored on a groundout.

But the Sea Dogs pounced on an opening in the sixth. With two outs, Marquez Smith hit a lazy fly ball to left, but Joe Benson slipped and the ball dropped to the turf, allowing Derrik Gibson to score from second base for the tying run. Jeremy Hazelbaker then laid down a bunt single and Hissey, pinch hitting for Bryce Brentz, hit a shot to right that bounced away from the outfielder. The two-base error gave Portland a 3-1 lead.

“Their defense is usually solid,” said Boles. “They have quality infielders and outfielders and they take care of the baseball, but we definitely caught a couple of breaks. But that’s another credit to our guys to be able to capitalize on that.”

Portland added six runs in the seventh on five hits, including a two-run triple by Hazelbaker.

NOTES: Boles said Brentz left Game 1 because of tightness in his lower back. … Prior to the game the Sea Dogs announced that outfielder Ronald Bermudez had been promoted to Triple-A Pawtucket. Bermudez had a .265 average in 40 games with Portland.