BUXTON — A Thursday night fire at a commercial garage in Buxton caused extensive damage to the business and threatened a nearby mobile home.

But no injuries were reported and crews from several towns had the fire at the Pine Tree Garage, 1335 Long Plains Road, under control by 11 p.m.

The greatest challenge faced by firefighters was getting water – there are no hydrants at that location.

Buxton Fire Chief Nathan Schools told WGME-TV that crews were able to prevent the fire from spreading to a nearby mobile home. The fire proved to be tricky because there is gasoline and tires stored on the property.

Firefighters from eight towns helped Buxton fight the fire, which was reported at 8:20 p.m.

The Pine Tree Garage services vehicles and sells used cars.