STANDISH — Kim Jordan and Sam Peters scored second-half goals to give St. Joseph’s a 2-0 win over Husson in a women’s soccer match Sunday.

Jordan collected a muffed kick and sent a sharp-angle shot into the net from near the right post, breaking a scoreless tie midway through the second half.

Peters converted a penalty kick with about 11 minutes remaining.

Brooke Troup made five saves to earn the shutout for the Monks (3-4). Anna Wolterbeek stopped nine shots for Husson (2-3).


HUSSON 2, ST. JOSEPH’S 0: Phil Frost and Josh Bean scored two minutes apart in the first half, providing all the offense the Eagles (3-3) needed to beat the Monks (1-7) in Standish.

Frost converted Stephen Berenyi’s feed 11:20 into the game. Bean added an unassisted goal at 13:20.

Brian Potter made three saves for the Eagles. Monks goalies Scott Benner and Hugo Palacios combined for nine saves.


HOFSTRA 2, MAINE 1: Claudia Marin-Samper scored off Jonel Boileau’s pass to tie the game with six minutes left in the first half, then fed Boileau for the winning goal 13 minutes into the second half as the Pride (6-1) beat the Black Bears (1-5) in Burlington, Vermont.

Danielle Aviani gave the Black Bears a 1-0 lead 10 minutes into the match.

Carys Swan made eight saves for Hofstra, and Emily Corbett four for Maine.

COLBY 10, MANHATTANVILLE 0: Megan Fortier and Kaitlyn O’Connell each scored three goals for the Mules (2-2) during rout of the Valiants (2-5) in Waterville.

McKayla Blanch, Erin Maguire, Meghan Murray and Rebecca Moore added a goal apiece.

KEAN 2, ST. JOSEPH’S 1: Marissa Robinson knocked in her own rebound 1:56 into overtime to push the Cougars (5-2) past the Monks (2-1) in Portland.

Robinson’s initial shot ricocheted off the stick of a defender, but she reached the rebound and slammed the bouncing ball past netminder Emma Astbury.

Effie Drew scored off a Kelsey Dumond pass to put St. Joseph’s ahead just 2:17 into the game. Kean’s Krista LaMaina tied the game with less than six minutes left in regulation.