LEWISTON — The Bates College football team finished at .500 or better for the third straight season, the first time it has accomplished that feat since 1979, with a 31-10 win over Hamilton College on Saturday.

The Bobcats (4-4) sacked Hamilton (0-8) quarterback Colin Pastorella four times and intercepted four of his passes.

Frank Williams rushed 10 times for 70 yards to lead a balanced attack for Bates. He also had a 35-yard reception to finish with a season-high 105 yards from scrimmage. Shaun Carroll ran 14 times for 59 yards and two TDs, while Ivan Reese had 57 yards rushing and a touchdown. Tyler Janssen added 55 yards rushing.

Bates linebacker Mark Upton scored on a 34-yard fumble recovery. Safety Ryan Newson forced the fumble and finished with eight tackles, while cornerback Trevor Lyons had two interceptions.

Colby 14, Bowdoin 7: Randy Person and Jason Buco each knocked down a pass by Bowdoin quarterback Mac Caputi late in the game to help the Mules (2-6) seal a win over the Polar Bears in Waterville.

The Mules took the lead on a 25-yard touchdown pass from Gabe Harrington to Luke Duncklee in the fourth quarter. Harrington hit Mark Snyder with a two-point conversion pass to make it 14-7 with 9:50 left in the fourth.

Colby jumped out to a 6-0 lead on a 77-yard run by Jabari Hurdle-Price (237 yards of total offense) early in the first quarter.

Bowdoin (2-6) took a 7-6 lead in the third quarter on an 8-yard run by Tyler Grant.

It was the final game of Bowdoin Coach Dave Caputi’s career.

Husson 41, Becker 12: John Smith took the first play from scrimmage 75 yards for a touchdown and the Eagles cruised to a victory over the Hawks in Leicester, Massachusetts.

Smith added a 2-yard TD run on Husson’s third drive to make it 14-0. He finished the game with 210 yards rushing on 22 carries.

The Eagles (7-1, 6-0 ECFC) made it 28-0 with a pair of touchdowns in the second quarter – a 3-yard run by quarterback Joe Seccareccia and a 7-yard run by Logan Steward. Rick Orio returned an interception 39 yards for a touchdown in the third and Josiah Hartley caught a 3-yard pass from Seccareccia as Husson went up 41-0 early in the fourth quarter.

MIT 55, Maine Maritime 37: The Mariners scored 22 points in the second quarter and had an eight-point lead at halftime, but MIT pulled away in the second half to win in Castine.

Michael Fahey scored from 1 yard out with 1:59 left and Jordan Susi caught a 25-yard pass from Fahey with 48 seconds left in the first half as MMA (3-5) went up 29-21.

MIT (8-0) got within a point on an 11-yard TD run by Justin Wallace and PAT kick early in the second, but MMA extended its lead with a 20-yard TD run by James Ferrar with 6:13 left.

MIT scored the next four TDs, three by Wallace, to put the game away.