A raging fire destroyed a vacant, two-story motel in Old Orchard Beach on Tuesday night and drew firefighting crews from several area departments.

Old Orchard Beach Fire Chief Rick Plummer told WCSH-TV that the Americana Motel at 1 Heath St. was unoccupied at the time. No injuries were reported.

Plummer said there was no electricity in the building, raising questions about whether the fire was set. The fire is under investigation by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.

The motel is near the Amtrak passenger boarding station, Memorial Park and Palace Playland, the town’s beachfront amusement park.

The fire was reported around 9 p.m. Fire crews were still at the scene late Tuesday, but the fire seemed to be under control at 11 p.m., according to witnesses.

“I could see flames shooting out from every side, from every direction. There were firefighters from multiple towns fighting the fire from every angle possible. They just kept pouring water on the fire,” said Lisa Jessick, who lives on Heath Street, just two buildings from the motel. “From our kitchen, it looked like a large bonfire.”

WCSH-TV reported that the motel had not been used last summer and may have recently been sold. Jessick said she has seen people moving furniture out of the motel rooms.

Retired Old Orchard Beach Fire Chief John Glass said he was told that the motel had been put up for sale and was sold.

Several fire departments sent crews to Old Orchard Beach including Scarborough, Biddeford, Saco and Buxton.

According to the Americana’s website, it is a family-run motel offering guests a six-minute walk to the beach and an eight-minute walk to the Palace Playland amusement park.