SKOWHEGAN — Amy Drake had been missing for two months when her body was found nine years ago Tuesday by deer hunters in woods off River Road in Norridgewock.

Drake, 18, the mother of a 2-year-old, had been slain. No one has ever been charged with her death, and no suspects have been officially named.

Maine State Police Lt. Jeffrey Love said Monday, however, there has been “some activity” over the last six months in the case, which remains open.

Love, head of the Unsolved Homicide Unit of the Maine State Police Major Crimes Unit, said Detective Chris Tremblay, who was the original investigator assigned to the case, remains the primary detective.

“Detective Tremblay has received leads on it within the last six months,” he said. “He’s been involved with it since day one. He always has and will continue to be hopeful that we can bring some closure to the family.”

Drake disappeared without taking her purse or even a change of clothes. Her mother, Norma Drake, reported her daughter missing on Sept. 20, 2006. Her body was found Nov. 24, 2006, in an area of woods and fields about 2 miles southwest of the Skowhegan line.

State police detectives have not shared any of the details of the investigation. Autopsy results and the manner of Drake’s death have not been released.

In 2009, state police Lt. Gary Wright said, “As with these open homicides, there is certain information that we have to keep close to the vest.”

“Manner of death is always an issue that we withhold,” said Wright. “We feel it’s very important. That kind of information can make or break the case, and what we don’t want to do is put information out there that could take away the possibility of narrowing down our focus on individuals.”

Drake called or visited her mother every day before her disappearance, police said. Her mother reported her missing when she hadn’t heard from her for a few days.

Drake also spent time at the home of her boyfriend, Jason Forbus, who lived on South Factory Street in Skowhegan at the time.

Forbus, now 40, was sentenced in September 2006, just before Drake’s disappearance, to a six-month jail term for assaulting her that July.

Drake told police that Forbus had punched her in the head, broken her nose, thrown her to the floor and threatened to kill her.

Forbus pleaded guilty to domestic violence assault, but was given a stay that allowed him to remain free until Oct. 9, so he had not started his sentence when Drake was last seen alive, police said.