WALES – Anders Overhaug rushed for 74 yards and two touchdowns Saturday as Yarmouth overcame two second-half turnovers to edge Oak Hill 20-15 in a Western Class C football game.

The Raiders (0-2) improved significantly from a 28-0 season-opening loss to Lisbon but ran out of time and opportunities against Yarmouth.

“We got down quick early but we came back,” said Josh Allen, who rushed for 89 yards on 23 carries for Oak Hill. “It was a confidence-booster. We played better.”

The Clippers opened a season at 2-0 for the first time in their four varsity seasons.

After winning one game in their first two years, the Clippers used a late run last season to reach the regional championship game.

Now, Yarmouth Coach Jim Hartman said, the Clippers aren’t surprising anyone.

“We’re the tigers now, us and Lisbon,” Hartman said.

Added Yarmouth running back Nate Pingitore, who rushed for 50 yards: “We haven’t had a winning tradition yet. It finally feels like we’re getting there.”

The Raiders, who gained just 68 yards last week, moved the ball effectively against the Clippers, particularly in the second half. Oak Hill gained 202 yards, including 141 in the second half.

Trailing 13-0 at the half, Oak Hill forced two turnovers in the third quarter to get back into the game.

Defensive lineman Mike Saunders recovered a fumble on Yarmouth’s first possession of the second half.

The Raiders drove to the Clippers’ 11 but turned the ball over on downs.

On the ensuing play, Parker Asselin intercepted freshman quarterback Brady Neujhar to again give Oak Hill excellent field position.

This time the Raiders converted, needing nine plays to go 29 yards. Cam Morin capped the drive with a 1-yard run on fourth-and-goal.

Allen made the extra point, and Oak Hill was down just 13-7 with 2:58 left in the third quarter.

“We had way more intensity in the second half,” said Morin, who later threw an 11-yard touchdown pass to Cody Provost. We were able to put some points up.”

Added Oak Hill Coach Dave Wing: “There’s no question that was big. We moved the ball, especially in the second half.”

On its next possession, Yarmouth marched down the field but turned the ball over on downs at the Oak Hill 32. The Raiders took over with eight minutes left.

With Allen leading the way, they drove to the Yarmouth 32, where they faced a fourth-and-9 with just under four minutes remaining.

Morin dropped back to pass but was blind-sided by linebacker Carter Dorsett.

“I didn’t even see it,” Morin said. “He came out of nowhere.”

The hit knocked the ball into the air before it settled into the hands of Yarmouth lineman Jack Watterson, who rumbled to the Oak Hill 4.

Neujhar then took it in for a touchdown on the next play to give the Clippers a 20-7 advantage with 2:55 remaining.

“It was a big momentum-shifter for sure,” Morin said.

Morin and Provost hooked up for an 11-yard touchdown pass with 1:57 left. Morin completed five of his six passes for 61 yards.

But Oak Hill couldn’t get the ball back as Yarmouth was able to run out the clock.