CHICAGO — Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson is on the witness list for the upcoming Chicago trial of the man accused of killing her mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew in 2008, according to court documents.

But prosecutors haven’t yet disclosed whether Hudson will actually testify at the April 9 trial of William Balfour, who was the estranged husband of Hudson’s sister, Julia.

Hudson told investigators that she talked to her mother in Chicago’s Englewood neighborhood every day and knew something was wrong when she hadn’t heard from her by late in the morning of Oct. 24, 2008, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Several hours later, Hudson’s mother, Darnell Donerson, 57, and brother, Jason Hudson, 29, were found shot to death in the family’s home. The body of her nephew Julian King, who was Julia Hudson’s child from a previous relationship, was found days later in a vehicle several miles away. Police recovered a gun from bushes near the vehicle and have linked it to the shootings.

Hudson told investigators she’d known Balfour since childhood and had advised her sister against marrying him. She said the family didn’t find out about their 2006 marriage until months after it happened. Prosecutors have argued that Balfour killed the family because he was angry that Julia Hudson was dating another man.

Jennifer Hudson, 30, who won an Academy Award for best supporting actress in 2007 for her role in “Dreamgirls,” was in Chicago with her family about five days before the killings. She said she’d last been at the family home about two months earlier.

Virus forces Celine Dion to cancel Vegas shows

LAS VEGAS — Singer Celine Dion has canceled more shows at Las Vegas’ Caesars Palace, citing a virus causing an inflammation of her vocal cords.

Christi Nelson, an official with show producer AEG Live, said Tuesday that the French-Canadian pop superstar has been ordered to rest her voice for six to eight weeks and will resume performances June 9.

“I tried to sing at my sound check last week, and I had no control of my voice whatsoever,” Dion said in a statement. “We thought that after a few days’ rest I would improve, but it wasn’t getting any better.”

Officials announced last weekend that Dion was canceling shows through March 3.

Caesars officials said other performances at the Colosseum, including Rod Stewart, Elton John and Jerry Seinfeld, will continue as planned.

Lohan admits the road back will be lengthy

NEW YORK — Lindsay Lohan says she’s “clean and sober” and “a homebody” these days. And she likes it that way.

The troubled starlet’s career in recent years has been upstaged by legal and personal problems. But she’s on a comeback that now has brought her to NBC’s “Saturday Night Live,” which she hosts this week.

She acknowledges in an interview for NBC’s “Today” show that repairing her damaged reputation could be a lengthy process.

She admits in the interview that airs Thursday that “it could be scary for people to invest in me.”

Her next project is playing Elizabeth Taylor in a biopic that she says will start production soon. With that film as well as the “SNL” gig, she vows to “not let anyone down, especially myself.”