BOSTON – Prosecutors and defense lawyers for mobster James “Whitey” Bulger say the evidence-sharing they have argued over for months is now on track for his trial in November.

Bulger’s lawyers have repeatedly complained that prosecutors have given them a mountain of disorganized documents they will have a difficult time evaluating before the trial.

But on Wednesday, attorney J.W. Carney Jr. told a judge that the defense is having ongoing discussions with prosecutors about the organization of documents and that the process is going smoothly.

Magistrate Judge Marianne Bowler said that going through the huge amount of evidence is an “enormous undertaking,” but said the trial date of Nov. 5 remains firm.

Bulger, the former leader of the Winter Hill Gang, is charged with participating in 19 murders. After 16 years on the run, he was captured last year in Santa Monica, Calif., with his longtime girlfriend, Catherine Greig.