NEWBURY, N.H. — Fire officials say a tree service worker in Newbury, N.H., was electrocuted when a nearby crane came into contact with a high-voltage electric line.

Newbury Fire Chief Henry Thomas Jr. tells WMUR-TV the worker was standing with his hand on a wood chipper 20 feet from the crane when it touched a power line near the intersection of Route 103 and Sutton Road on Wednesday afternoon.

Thomas said electricity traveled down the crane, through the ground and into the wood chipper.

The man, whose name has not been released, was taken to Concord Hospital, where he died. He was employed by Guillemette Tree Service out of Andover.

Thomas said OSHA has been called to investigate the incident.