STANDISH — Reserve Victoria McIntyre hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer Thursday night to give Husson a 69-68 victory against St. Joseph’s in a nonconference women’s basketball game.
Husson (2-1) built an 11-point lead in the first half before the Monks (2-2) pulled within 31-25 by halftime.
St. Joseph’s continued to rally in the second half and tied the score on a layup by Morgan Cahill with 11:25 left.
From that point neither team was able to take more than a three-point lead.
Chandler Guerette led Husson with 20 points. Reserve Amanda Johnson scored 13 and McIntyre finished with 10.
Cahill led St. Joseph’s with 22 points. Lindsay Moore added 15.
BATES 85, UM-FARMINGTON 60: Allaina Murphy scored 21 points to lead Bates (3-1) over the Beavers (1-2) at Farmington.
Chelsea Nason and Kristin Calvo added 12 points each for the Bobcats. All three players hit three 3-pointers.
Ayla Allen led Farmington with 17 points. Elizabeth Ferry added 13 and Lindsay Ranquist had 12
HUSSON 67, ST. JOSEPH’S 63: Husson (3-0) went on a 9-0 run late in the game to pull ahead of St. Joseph’s (1-1) at Standish.
Husson trailed 58-55 with 6:08 left but outscored the Monks 12-5 over the final 5:36.
Phil Leighton and Donte Cottonham led Husson with 11 points each.
Zach Blodgett paced the Monks with 16 points, Nich Jobin scored 15 and Matt Medeiros 13.
BATES 114, THOMAS 61: Six players reached double figures as the Bobcats (2-1) rolled past Thomas (0-2) at Lewiston.
Malcolm Delpeche led Bates with 21 points, shooting 10 of 12 from the floor. Mike Boornazian followed with 18 points, Graham Safford added 13, and Billy Selmon, Marcus Delpeche and Adam Philpott scored 10 points each.
Levi Barnes led the Terriers with 21 points.
(12) WISCONSIN 88, BOWLING GREEN 64: Ben Brust scored 19 points to lead six players in double figures for Wisconsin (5-0) against Bowling Green (1-2) at Madison, Wis.
(13) GONZAGA 90, WASHINGTON STATE 74: Kevin Pangos had 27 points and Drew Barham added 17 to lead Gonzaga (4-0) past Washington State (2-1) at Spokane, Wash.
(16) FLORIDA 79, MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE 59: Patric Young scored 16 points as Florida (4-1) defeated Middle Tennessee (4-1) at Gainesville, Fla.
(18) CONNECTICUT 72, BOSTON COLLEGE 70: Ryan Boatwright made two big free throws with 7.9 seconds to play and blocked a 3-point attempt at the buzzer, as Connecticut (5-0)beat Boston College (1-2) at New York.
FLORIDA STATE 85, (10) VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH 67: Ian Miller scored 22 points and Devon Bookert added 18 to help Florida State (4-1) cruise past VCU 85-67 (3-1) at San Juan, Puerto Rico.
(25) MARQUETTE 58, NEW HAMPSHIRE 53: Chris Otule and Todd Mayo each scored 16 points to help Marquette (3-1)withstand a scare from New Hampshire (2-2) at Milwaukee.
(17) CENTRAL FLORIDA 41, RUTGERS 17: Blake Bortles passed for one touchdown and ran for another, helping Central Florida (9-1, 6-0 American Athletic) dominate Rutgers (5-5, 2-4) at Orlando, Fla.