• Sarah Ireland was hired as a new account manager for Employee Benefits Solutions, a division of Holden Agency. Ireland was previously an account manager with Turner Barker/Clark Insurance in the employee benefits division.
• Trevor Nugent was promoted to director of public housing for the Portland Housing Authority. Nugent joined the housing authority in July 2008 as property manager.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
• Bisson Moving and Storage won the sales achievement award at Atlas Van Lines’ annual convention Nov. 9 in Orlando, Fla.
The award honors Atlas agents who book more than $1 million in sales. Of the roughly 500 Atlas agents worldwide, Bisson ranked 65th in sales, putting it in the top 15 percent. It was the only agent in northern New England to receive the award.
Bisson Moving & Storage is an authorized agent of Atlas Van Lines.
• Attorney Terry Garmey, principal at Terry Garmey & Associates in Portland, has earned the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards from Martindale-Hubbell.
Garmey was recognized as “AV Preeminent” for 2014, meaning that his peers ranked him at the highest level of professional excellence. He has represented plaintiffs for more than 30 years.
• Alan Stone, a Skelton, Taintor & Abbott shareholder and trial practice group leader, made the 2014 Best Lawyers in America list.
U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers has named Stone to the list 20 times. Stone’s practice areas include personal injury, public utility, commercial litigation, criminal defense, general civil litigation, medical malpractice, municipal and government law, and administrative law.
• Dr. Larry Catlett, founder and chief medical officer at Occupational Medical Consulting, LLC in Leeds, was recertified as a medical review officer. Dr. Catlett founded OMC in 1996. The certification means that he is prepared to handle all aspects of workplace drug and alcohol testing programs.
Compounding pharmacy Vets First Choice in Portland received a Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation for meeting or exceeding quality standards for non-sterile medications. The company is licensed in all 50 states and serves veterinarians and their clients nationwide in providing FDA- and EPA-approved pharmaceuticals, therapeutic diets and compounded, or blended, medications to pet owners.
• Agren opened a new flagship store at 78 Mallett Drive in Topsham.
The two-story, 13,000-square-foot facility is Agren’s largest appliance and mattress showroom. More than 50 mattresses are displayed on the second level. The ground floor showcases multiple kitchen vignettes and household appliances from a wide range of manufacturers.
• Nancy Marshall and Charlene Williams of Nancy Marshall Communications recently taught a two-day public relations boot camp at the Grand Floridian Hotel at Disney World for owners and account executives of advertising agencies from across the country. Topics included techniques to communicate brand stories, and how to identify targeted audiences, work with the news media and handle crisis communications.
• Phil Moss, a veteran employment law attorney at Fisher & Phillips, will be leaving the firm and retiring from the active practice of law as of Jan. 1, 2014.
Moss has lived in the Portland area for the past 27 years, and has nearly 40 years of experience in labor and employment law.