• The Portland Food Co-op has hired Kevin Gadsby as its first general manager after a national search.
Gadsby has been general manager at Good Tern Co-op in Rockland for the last three years, overseeing a period of growing sales and membership as well as store renovations.
• HistoryIT announced three new hires in Maine and expanded its Midwest presence with new offices in Chicago.
Jen Bush joined as chief operating officer and is responsible for operations and finance. She worked in the same capacity for Angela Adams Holdings, LLC. Most recently, she was a portfolio manager at the Maine Technology Institute.
Sue Inches was appointed vice president, Northeast. She previously worked as deputy director of the State Planning Office, director of Seafood Marketing and Industry Development for the State of Maine and worked in marketing and promotions at Hannaford.
Serge Vladimiroff joined as lead software engineer. He came to Maine after four years at Zynga Inc., where he was tech lead for Zynga Poker, the world’s largest online poker game.
• The following people have joined Diversified Business Communications:
Kathleen Montana as a marketing analytics administrator. She previously worked for Regional Excess Underwriters, LLC of Westbrook.
Ashley Chase joined as a marketing analytics administrator.
• Attorney Christopher Wright joined the Augusta-based law firm Lipman & Katz.
Wright, a Bangor native, joined the law firm following several years as a derivatives trader in New York City.
• Matthew Magnusson was promoted to Maine Department of Corrections Regional Correctional Manager Region Three.
Magnusson has worked for the MDOC for over 10 years as a juvenile program worker at Mountain View Youth Development Center in Charleston, and as a probation parole officer in Bangor and Belfast.
• Eric Duprat was elected to the board of directors at WEX Inc., a leading provider of corporate payment solutions.
Duprat has more than 25 years of domestic and international experience in the mobile, security and payments industries. He is currently chief executive officer of Verayo, a mobile security services turnaround firm in San Jose, Calif. Prior to joining Verayo in 2011, Duprat was the general manager of Mobile Payments at PayPal, an eBay company.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
• Jodi L. Nofsinger, a partner at Berman & Simmons, was inducted on March 8 as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, one of the premier legal associations in America.
Nofsinger joined law partners Julian L. Sweet and Steven D. Silin in her membership to the college. She is only the third woman attorney in Maine to be chosen by invitation to the college.