• Kim Gagne joined Norton Financial Services as an executive assistant.
Gagne, of Biddeford, has more than 20 years’ experience in employee benefits. Most recently, she worked as an employee benefits sales agent. She is also a licensed life and health agent.
• Kaisa Mann, Kristen Cianelli and Susan Pettingill were hired as Care Associates for Day One’s residential program.
• Shamus O’Rourke was appointed director of Merrill Lynch’s Northern New England complex.
O’Rourke will lead the firm’s team of financial advisers. He first worked at Merrill Lynch from 1998 through May 2006. He spent five years as a complex manager for Morgan Stanley, where he made the “On Wall Street Magazine’s” list of top 100 branch managers for three consecutive years. O’Rourke rejoined Merrill Lynch in 2011.
• Baker Newman Noyes recently made several promotions in its Portland office.
Jeff Mansir of Augusta was promoted to senior manager in the risk and business advisory practice.
Griffin Hardy of Oakfield was promoted to manager in the tax practice.
Josh Lapierre of Freeport was promoted to manager in the tax practice.
Rob Wright of Naples was promoted to office manager.
Adam Aucoin of Buxton was promoted to senior in the tax practice.
Remy Vazquez, J.D., originally of Lake Worth, Fla., was promoted to senior in the tax practice.
Skowhegan native Matt Dionne was promoted to help desk analyst III.
Greg Knight of Portland was promoted to staff II in the healthcare management consulting practice.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
• Todd Doolan and Jeremiah “Josh” Burns, senior portfolio managers at Morgan Stanley, were named to Barron’s list of America’s Top 1,200 Advisors: 2014 State-by-State.
• Norway Savings Bank recently honored several of its employees.
Christine McMann, assistant vice president, loan operations analyst, was named 2013 Employee of the Year.
McMann joined the bank in 2008 as a systems analyst before she was promoted to her current position in 2013.
Chuck Williams, vice president of finance and accounting, received the 2013 President’s Award. He was recognized for leading the implementation of an accounting system that will improve the bank’s efficiencies in processing vendor invoices.
The following employees were recognized for exhibiting elements of the bank’s culture throughout their work day:
Jeff Cusack, of commercial credit, was recognized as Culture Champion of the Year:
Jason Fitzgerald, who works in Kennebunk, and Tricia Brooks, who works in human resources, received achievement awards:
Maria Edwards, of the Yarmouth/Freeport branch, and Amy Marshall, who performs trainings, received branding awards.
Bobbie-Jo Chase, who works in deposit operations, and Brian Bernier, who works in retail, received communications awards.
Becky Buchanan, who works in Standish, and Jackie Morin, who works in deposit operations, received customer service awards.
Ryan Dillingham, of information technology, and Kelcey Raasumaa, who works in retail lending, received empowerment awards
Melissa Lord, who works in the customer care center, and Randy Easler, who works in Saco, received leadership awards.
Kyle Hodgkins, who works at Portland’s Exchange Street branch and in Norway’s maintenance department, received the Team Player Award.
• Cheri Bonawitz, an associate broker with KW Commercial/Maine Commercial Real Estate, was honored by Keller Williams Realty with its Gold Level Sales Volume Award and the 2013 Spirit Award.
The Spirit Award recognizes associates who embody the positive core values of Keller Williams Realty and who cultivate them on a daily basis. KW Commercial is the commercial real estate arm of Keller Williams Realty.
• Jodi Nofsinger, Esq., a partner at Berman & Simmons, was inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
Nofsinger has been a partner at Berman & Simmons since 2003, and represents clients in personal injury and medical malpractice cases throughout Maine. She is the third woman attorney in Maine to be chosen by invitation to the College.
• Samuel Ladd, vice president of People’s United Bank, recently retired after more than 45 years of banking and community leadership in southern Maine.
Ladd joined People’s United through the 2008 acquisition of Chittenden Corporation, as president, chief executive officer and director of Maine Bank & Trust, which he co-founded.