A fire inside a Falmouth barn killed four chickens early Saturday morning.

According to the Falmouth Fire-EMS Department, the fire at 120 Woodville Road was reported just before 8 a.m. Saturday. A chicken coop inside the barn was burning and the residents on the farm were trying to put it out by shoveling snow on the coop.

Firefighters were able to pull the coop from the barn and put out the fire, but could not save the four chickens inside. Damage to the 200-year-old barn was limited to the immediate vicinity of the fire and one of the barn’s beams, firefighters said.