ORLANDO, Fla. — The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said Wednesday it has concluded its investigation into last week’s fatal alligator attack at Walt Disney World and is “confident” it caught the animal that was responsible.

The FWC has suspended alligator-trapping activities in the area of the Seven Seas Lagoon.

During the FWC investigation, trappers removed six alligators from the area. No additional alligators of the size capable of the attack have been observed or taken since Thursday, the FWC said.

FWC said three of the alligators captured were in the size range of the one that attacked 2-year-old Lane Graves of Elkhorn, Neb. Law enforcement authorities said last week the gator appeared to be between 4 and 7 feet long.

Two of the animals captured were in close proximity to the incident location. Based on past experience, an alligator usually stays close to the site of an attack.

FWC called the area ” poor alligator habitat that will not support a large population of adult alligators.”

DNA was collected from Lane and all alligators captured. Results from Lane’s were negative for animal DNA, FWC said.

Lane was attacked by an alligator that dragged him into the Seven Seas Lagoon on Tuesday night as he was along the shore at the Grand Floridian hotel. His body was found Wednesday, with the cause of death listed as drowning and traumatic injury.