WELLS — Riley Dempsey rushed for 163 yards and three touchdowns, and Wells raced out to a big halftime lead on the way to a 54-7 win over Yarmouth in a Class C South football game Friday night.

Evan Whitten added a pair of touchdowns, and Deandre Woods, Tyler Bridge and Chad Fitzpatrick each scored one touchdown for Wells (5-0), which lost to Yarmouth in last year’s regional final.

After Yarmouth (3-2) fumbled the opening kickoff, the Warriors scored on the first play from scrimmage – a 28-yard pass from Owen Berry to Woods.

Wells led 34-7 at halftime.

CAPE ELIZABETH 45, MOUNTAIN VALLEY 9: James Boeschenstein hooked up with Marshall Peterson for a pair of 18-yard touchdown passes in the third quarter as the Capers (5-0) pulled away from the Falcons (2-3) in Rumford.

Cape Elizabeth opened a 17-3 halftime lead, thanks to a 52-yard punt return by Brett McAlister and a 67-yard touchdown run by Ben Ekedahl.

McAlister added a 28-yard scoring grab in the fourth quarter.

WESTBROOK 60, NOBLE 33: Miece Loureiro rushed for three of his six touchdowns in the second quarter as the Blue Blazes (3-2) used a 34-point outburst to pull away from the Knights (0-5) in Westbrook.

Loureiro finished with 175 yards and five touchdowns on 15 carries and also had a 50-yard interception return for a touchdown.

Westbrook quarterback Bailey Sawyer completed 12 of 24 passes for 192 yards and two touchdowns, one to Hamza Hanifi and one to Nicholas Batchelder.

Noble fell behind 7-0 in the first quarter but tied the game on a 90-yard kickoff return by Kasey Rogers.

Rogers also caught a pair of touchdown passes, and quarterback Hil Keisker threw for three touchdowns.

SOUTH PORTLAND 42, BANGOR 21: The Red Riots (2-3) took the lead for good on a touchdown pass from Matt Crockett to Zack Johnson just before halftime and pulled away from the Rams (0-5) in the second half at Bangor.

South Portland extended its lead to 28-7 on touchdown runs by Crockett and Finn Zechman and ended the third quarter with a 35-14 lead after a touchdown pass from Crockett to Johnson.

Zechman added another touchdown in the fourth quarter.

SANFORD 22, LEWISTON 14: Ethan Belanger scored two touchdowns in the first half, and the Spartans (3-2) used a ball-control offense to hold off the Blue Devils (1-4) in Lewiston.

Sanford opened the scoring late in the first quarter when Belanger got open deep and caught a 69-yard pass from Frankie Veino.

Lewiston answered with a 17-yard touchdown run by Roman Dennis to make it 7-6, but Belanger scored on a reverse on fourth-and-15 to give Sanford a 14-6 halftime lead.

The Spartans then capitalized on a fumble on the second-half kickoff to score what turned out to be the winning touchdown.

FRYEBURG ACADEMY 35, FREEPORT 0: Jason Chisari scored on runs of 25 and 33 yards to lead the Raiders (3-2) past the Falcons (2-3) in Fryeburg.

Fryeburg’s defense limited the Falcons to 39 yards.

Cody Gullikson scored on runs of 7 and 8 yards. Jeremiah Schrader finished 5 for 5 on extra-point attempts.

WINTHROP/MONMOUTH 29: OAK HILL 22: Alec Brown dove in from the 1 for the tiebreaking touchdown with 4:27 remaining, and the host Ramblers (5-0) ended the state’s longest winning streak at 24 games.

Brown finished with three touchdowns, including two in the fourth quarter as the Ramblers erased a 22-15 deficit.

Steve Gilbert had a pair of touchdown runs for Oak Hill (3-1), including a 77-yard run in the second quarter.

BREWER 36, CONY 20: Ray Wood rushed for 267 yards and four touchdowns to lead the Witches (5-0) past the Rams (1-4) in Augusta.

Cony quarterback Taylor Heath completed 20 of 38 passes for 184 yards and three touchdowns, one each to Anthony Sousa, Jordan Roddy and Elijah Dutil.